Mobile Phones have become integrated into our everyday work and personal life. However, it is seen that technology is negatively affecting our psychological well being and is highly linked to anxiety stress, lack of concentration, sleep and more.
Is it possible we’re to addicted to our smartphones?
- 47x Interactions – The average smartphone user checks their phone 47 times a day
- 85% of smartphone users will check their device while speaking with family and friends
Breaking the Habit:
- 47% of smartphone users have attempted to limit their usage in the past and 30% felt they were successful with this.
- 80% of people who own a smartphone check it within 1 hour of waking up or before going to sleep. 35% of these smartphone users will do this within 5 minutes!
How much time does the average smartphone user actually spend on their phone?
We hear multiple times a day that we spend too much time on our mobiles – but how much time are people actually spending on them today? Even though we have become more technology integrated, there is a line to be drawn between necessity and obsession.
Average Usage per Day:
- The average user spends 2 hours and 51 minutes a day on their phones. The average spend time on smartphones and tablets is 4 hours and 33 minutes!
18 – 29 Year Olds Interactions:
- 22% of people check their phones every few minutes.
- 51% check their phones a few times per hour
The average user spends 1 hour and 16 minutes a day on the top 5 social media apps.
- The average user will tap, swipe and click their phones around 2, 617 times a day.
Child Phone Addiction:
Do You Think Your Child or Teen has an Addiction to Their Smartphone?
Teenagers and children lack maturity due to the inability to decrease their smartphone and app use. Parents concern has increased massively about their child’s dependence for their technology and negative effects it has has on their physical and psychological well-being.
It is proven that teenages who spend 5 hours on an electronic device are 71% more likely to be at risk of suicide factors than those with 1 hours use. Moreover, teens that spend 5 hours a day on their smartphone or other devices are 51% more likely to get under 7 hours sleep compared to 1 hours use.
- 89% of parents blame themselves for the amount of time their child uses their Smartphone or other devices
- Teens who use social social media heavily are at a 27% high risk of depression
Impact on School Life:
- 67% of teachers observed students and said they were being negatively distracted by their mobile
- Also, 90% of teachers said the number of emotional issues and challenges has increased
- 47% of parents think their child is addicted to their smartphone